Flying Monster Guy
Guy with Wings
Flying Vulture Guy
|Affiliation:||Toomes Salvage Company|
|Portrayed by:||Michael Keaton|
|First appeared:||Spider-Man: Homecoming|
|Appears in:||1 Film|
- "Years, not a word from the feds, nothing from those Halloween costume-wearing bozos up there in Stark Tower, then all of a sudden this little bastard in red tights shows up, and he thinks he can tear down everything I've built. Really? ... I'm gonna kill him."
Adrian Toomes also known as the Vulture is the main antagonist from Spider-Man: Homecoming. He is a fictional super villain character, who appears in the Marvel comics, created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko in 1963. He was portrayed by Michael Keaton.
Tony Stark and the federal government create the U.S. Department of Damage Control, driving salvage company owner Adrian Toomes out of business. Toomes convinces his crew to not surrender the Chitauri technology already scavenged from the Battle of New York and use it to further a criminal agenda.
Several years later, Toomes' arms-dealing business was still going strong. However, he received a call from Herman Schultz that Spider-Man had come across their arms deal with Aaron Davis and was pursuing him. Toomes quickly donned the Vulture Suit and flew off to Schultz's location. Open arriving at his crew's speeding van, he spotted Spider-Man about to catch the group. Swooping down, he seizes Spider-Man in his 'talons', flying hundreds of feet into the air, only for Spider-Man's Suit to deploy a parachute, ripping the young hero out of Toomes' grip. Seeing that his men had made a successful getaway, Toomes flew back to his lair
Toomes successfully landed back in his base, removed his suit and waited for his men to return. Jackson Brice and Herman Schultz managed to get back to the base, Brice thrilled with the chase. Toomes confronts Brice, asking him how many times he had told Brice not to fire the weapons in public, with Brice defending his actions saying that he had to move the weapons. Toomes became fed up with Brice's recklessness and attitude, telling Brice that he was fired. Disgusted, Brice threatened Toomes, saying that he will inform the authorities about their operation. Brice then asked Toomes what would happen if he told Doris Toomes about his business. This was a step too far for Toomes, who promptly picked up a weapon and shot Brice with it, instantly killing him. Confused and shocked about his actions, he asked Tinkerer if he had picked up an Anti-Gravity Gun, only to have picked up a Chitauri Gun instead. Toomes walked over to Brice's ashes and picked up the Shocker Gauntlet and passed it to Schultz, sarcastically telling him that he was the 'Shocker' now
Retrieving a Chitauri weapon left behind by Brice, a tracking device leads Schultz to Midtown School, but Peter and Ned manage to evade him. After planting his own tracking device on Schultz and learning that it leads to Maryland, Peter rejoins the decathlon team and accompanies them to Washington, D.C. for Nationals.
Confronting Toomes and his associates at the Staten Island Ferry, Peter captures the group's new buyer Mac Gargan while Toomes escapes after a malfunctioning weapon tears the ferry in half. Stark helps Peter save the passengers before admonishing him for his recklessness and taking the suit away. While picking up Liz for Midtown's annual homecoming dance, Peter learns that she is Toomes' daughter. Deducing Peter's secret identity, Toomes threatens retaliation if he continues to interfere with his plans.
During the dance, Peter realizes Toomes is planning to hijack the Stark cargo plane transporting weaponry from Avengers Tower to the team's new headquarters in upstate New York. Leaving the dance and donning his homemade Spider-Man suit, Peter is ambushed by Schultz only for Ned to save him. Peter then confronts Toomes in his lair, who attempts to persuade him to his side. When Peter refuses, Toomes destroys the building's support beams and leaves him to die.
Managing to escape, Peter intercepts Toomes onboard the now-damaged plane, steering it towards the beach near Coney Island. The two engage in a confrontation that ends with Peter saving Toomes' life and leaving him for the police.
Gargan approaches Toomes at prison and explains that several criminals are banding together to exact vengeance against Spider-Man. He also pressures Toomes into revealing Spider-Man's identity due to a rumor that he knows who the web crawler really is. Toomes, keeping Peter's secret, simply retorts that if he did know Spider-Man's identity that he would already be dead. Toomes then leaves to meet with his family.
- The Shocker - Ally
- Tinkerer - Ally
- Jackson Brice - Ally turned Victim
- Spider-Man - Enemy
- Iron Man - Enemy
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Flight: Vulture's suit is outfitted with a powerful winged harness that also has jet propulsion systems which allows him to fly.
- Enhanced Strength: The suit's wings and talons give Vulture the strength to grab and overpower both humans and enhanced individuals, as well as destroy concrete pillars.
- Enhanced Durability: Vulture's suit is designed to withstand blows from super-humans like Spider-Man.
- Enhanced Speed and Agility: The suits jet propulsion systems allow Vulture to fly at high speeds and maneuver in the air with incredible agility, despite its large frame.
- Expert Tactician: Toomes was able to plan and execute the Damage Control Truck and was able to hijack Tony Stark's cargo plane.
- Marksman: Toomes was able to aim and fire a Chitauri Gun precisely enough to cut through the webbing restraining Herman Schultz from a far distance.
Exo-Suit: Toomes was outfitted with a flying mechanical suit created by Phineas Mason with salvaged alien technology. As the Vulture, he would use the suit for heists and salvaged equipment. The suit consists of a metallic body armor, outfitted with a winged steel harness.
- Wings: Vulture uses a suit made with Chitauri technology and outfitted with a winged steel harness that allows him to fly.
- Blaster: Vulture uses a powerful beam gun that is allows him to shoot energy blasts, capable of bisecting large ships.
Behind The Scenes Edit
- Kevin Feige, producer of the Marvel Cinematic Universe chose Michael Keaton as the biggest villain of the movie.
|Marvel Cinematic Universe|
|Films:||Captain America: Civil War | Spider-Man: Homecoming | Avengers: Infinity War|
|Characters:||Spider-Man | Captain America | Iron Man | Winter Soldier | Falcon | Happy Hogan | Pepper Potts | Aunt May | Ned Leeds | Liz Toomes | Flash Thompson | Aaron Davis|
|Enemies:||Vulture | The Shocker | Jackson Brice | Tinkerer|
|Locations:||Avengers Facility | Avengers Tower | Midtown School of Science and Technology|