Venom is an upcoming 2018 superhero film based on the Marvel Comics Spider-Man character of Venom and the first film in the Sony's Marvel Universe. It will be release on October 5, 2018.
In March 2016, it was announced that Sony is moving forward with a standalone film by hiring Dante Harper to write the script for the film with Arad and Matt Tolmach producing. The film will have no connection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Spider-Man and will be set in its own continuity. It was announced by Sony that the spin off will be release on October 5, 2018 with Alex Kurtzman directing the film. On May 19, 2017, Sony announced that Tom Hardy will star as Eddie Brock and Ruben Fleischer will direct the film. Originally reported as its own continuity (along with Silver & Black starring Black Cat and Silver Sable) which would exclude Spider-Man called Sony's Marvel Universe, in June of 2017 it was confirmed that the film along would co-exist in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and that Tom Holland (the actor of the MCU Spider-Man) can appear in it.
- ↑ 'Spider-Man' Spinoff 'Venom' Revived at Sony (Exclusive)
- ↑ Tom Rothman on ‘Spider-Man’ Spin-Off Movies and When We’ll See the First ‘Dark Tower’ Trailer
- ↑ ‘Venom’ Movie Lands 2018 Release Date at Sony
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ Tom Hardy to Star in 'Venom,' Ruben Fleischer to Direct
- ↑ Venom will reportedly be an R-rated kickoff to a Marvel universe at Sony
- ↑ http://screenrant.com/venom-silver-sable-spider-man-homecoming-movies-connections/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/865629713225572352?p=v