A list of trivia related to Spider-Man: Homecoming.
List of Marvel Cinematic Universe References
- Peter Parker has footage of the battle of the Avengers at the Flughafen Leipzig-Halle, that occurred in Captain America: Civil War.
- Pictures of Howard Stark, Abraham Erskine, and Bruce Banner can be seen in Peter Parker's school.
- The Stark Expo makes its first chronological appearance since Iron Man 2.
List of Marvel Comics References
- Characters from the comics adapted for the movie in the main cast are Adrian Toomes, Liz Allan, Ned Leeds, Flash Thompson, Herman Schultz and Phineas Mason. Other characters adapted from the comics are Betty Brant, Lenny Bellinger and Jason Macendale.
- The scene where Spider-Man fights a group of thieves who wear Avengers masks that are trying to rob an ATM is inspired by a similar scene in the Ultimate Spider-Man comic-book series.
- Midtown School of Science and Technology's year of foundation, 1962, is a reference to the comic debut of Spider-Man in the August 1962 issue of Amazing Fantasy.
- This is the first solo Spider-Man film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the first solo film for a character introduced in a different character's film.
- The film's release date was originally meant for Thor: Ragnarok, which was then moved to the November 3, 2017 release slot originally held by Black Panther; this move would ultimately force Black Panther to be given a February 2018 release date in order to preserve the May 4, 2018 date reserved for Avengers: Infinity War.
- Logan Lerman and Dylan O'Brien were considered for the role since the announcement in February, 2015.
- Though Marvel Studios looked at over 1500 actors for the role of Spider-Man, including Nat Wolff, Timothee Chalamet, Liam James and Chandler Riggs, the shortlist was reduced to six contenders: Tom Holland, Asa Butterfield, Judah Lewis, Matthew Lintz, Charlie Plummer and Charlie Rowe.
- The film's working title is Summer of George. The Summer of George was the title of the Season 8 finale of Seinfeld. Marisa Tomei, who portrays May Parker in this film, famously appeared as herself in the Season 7 episode The Cadillac, in which she was the love interest of George Costanza.
- Marisa Tomei has previously dated two of her co-stars in this film: Robert Downey, Jr. and Logan Marshall-Green.
- This is the first film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to not be distributed by Paramount or Walt Disney Pictures since The Incredible Hulk, and the first since Iron Man 3 in which the Marvel Studios logo will be accompanied by the distributor's logo.